Critical funding from our research partners and donors has helped us to attract and retain the very best research talent from around the world, which in turn, increases our ability to move discoveries further along into clinical research and eventually treatments.
Research Assistant, Prostate Cancer Supportive Care Program
The Vancouver Prostate Centre (VPC) has an exciting career opportunity for a regular, full-time Research Assistant interested in pursuing a role in research and study management.
The Vancouver Prostate Centre
VPC has a large, multi-disciplinary research program that undertakes basic, clinic, and translational research. It is a National Centre of Excellence and a designated Centre of Excellence for Commercialization and Research. It is affiliated with the University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority.
The Prostate Cancer Supportive Care (PCSC) Program
The VPC launched the Prostate Cancer Supportive Care (PCSC) Program in January 2013, a comprehensive survivorship program for prostate cancer patients, their partners and family from diagnosis onwards. Further details on the program are available at www.pcscprogram.ca.
The Research Assistant works closely with the PCSC Research Team and assist the Clinical Research Coordinators. He/She also provides a broad scope of administrative and data support to the PCSC Program multidisciplinary team.
Coordinate day-to-day operations of assigned research studies from the PCSC program, duties of which may include:
- Support Clinical Research Coordinators with study recruitment and consent.
- Provide cross-coverage support to the Clinical Research Coordinators and support to the Vancouver PCSC Program Manager when needed.
- Assist with Study File maintenance.
- Assist with study submissions/amendments/updates to UBC REB, VCHRI, and Health Canada.
- Administer research procedures per study protocol and collect & record data.
- Carry out data entry and database management.
- Contribute to preparing abstract submissions and posters for national and international scientific/medical conferences.
- Performs additional duties and administrative tasks as required by the Vancouver PCSC Program Manager.
Decision Making/Level of Accountability/Extent of Authority
The Research Assistant will be under the supervision of the Vancouver PCSC Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, Life Sciences or Psychology.
- Ideally a minimum of one-year relevant clinical trial or research/project experience, preferably in a biomedical area.
- Solid communication skills, with demonstrated expertise communicating concepts in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality essential.
- Computer literate, including solid Microsoft Office skills and data entry experience.
- Demonstrated teamwork, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated initiative and willing to learn.
- Willing and able to evenings/weekends as required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly as a member of a team
The salary range for this position is $37,102 to $48,696 per annum, plus benefits including a competitive pension plan, health and dental coverage and paid vacation.
To join our team, please email careersprostatecentre [dot] com with subject line Research Assistant, PCSC with the following items attached:
- Covering letter
Closing Date: August 31, 2019.
Note: We thank all applicants for their interest. However, due to the high volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.